Here are some points to consider when evaluating websites.
- Who is the author?
- Can you contact the group or person who created the website?
- Are the qualifications and credentials of the author given?
- Who has the web page been written for?
- Does the web page meet your information needs?
- What is the purpose of the information?
- Is the information provided objective and factual?
- Is there a list of references used by the creator?
- Can you see what year the website was created?
- When was the page last updated?
Click on the links below for more information:
How to Evaluate a Website - About.com